CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION FOR JD GYMS MEMBERS
We are continually monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it develops.
We understand that people are concerned about the virus and we are taking the matter very seriously. The comfort, wellbeing and safety of our members and the teams that work within our gyms, is our top priority.
We are following the latest advice and guidance from Public Health England (PHE) and UKActive, the fitness industry’s governing body.
We are taking extra, precautionary hygiene measures, as well as implementing social distancing guidance, to reduce the risk of the virus spreading and all of our team members have been briefed on how to support this.
The actions we are taking to keep our members, and teams safe in response to COVID-19 are listed below, along with information on how you, as a member, can help yourself:
EXTRA MEASURES WE ARE TAKING:
- We have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in our gyms, in line with PHE guidance
- We have added hand sanitising stations in our gyms, with hand gel dispensers for everyone to use
- We have provided additional cleaning stations in our gyms to allow members to self-clean equipment before and after use
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation within the gym, especially the equipment and ‘high touch’ areas such as our pin pads, lockers, door handles, taps etc
- We are continuing to ensure that our liquid soap supplies in our toilet areas are constantly replenished (as per standard operating procedures) and have increased the amount of cleaning supplies we hold on site
- We have installed posters in our gyms educating and encouraging good hygiene practice amongst gym members and our team
- We are displaying posters to advise members about social distancing
- To assist social distancing, we are spacing out equipment differently and turning off every other treadmill/piece of cardio kit to ensure members can remain 1 metre apart whilst using the gym
- We have reduced our class capacity down to 50% to assist social distancing in our studios
- We have briefed our teams in regard to the above measures and also the latest Government advice on self-isolation
- We have created a robust action plan for in the event we are made aware that an individual active within any of our gyms is confirmed as COVID-19 positive, and our teams are fully briefed on the plan.
WHAT CAN YOU (JD GYMS MEMBERS) DO TO HELP?
Reducing the spread of disease is a team effort and we are keen to work together to keep our members and our teams safe and healthy.
We encourage you to help through good personal hygiene:
- Please wash/sanitise your hands frequently, as per the recommended guidelines
- Please use the sinks, soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available
- Please cover your mouth and nose with the crook of your elbow, or a tissue when coughing or sneezing (Dispose of the tissue in a bin immediately and wash hands as per guidelines)
- Please remain at least 1 metre away from other members whilst using the gym
- Please familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from PHE and self-isolate if you display symptoms of COVID-19. You will be able to freeze your membership for free.
Please ask a member of our team for any other help you require.
As this is an evolving situation, please regularly check the following websites for the latest updates and guidance:
This webpage was last updated on 19/03/20 at 5pm