Job Vacancy: Social Media Assistant
We are recruiting!
ROLE: Social Media Assistant
REPORTING TO: Marketing Executive
BASED: JD Gyms Wigan (possibility of remote working)
HOURS: Part-time, evenings and weekends
SALARY : Competitive
PERKS: Free gym membership!
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to join our friendly Wigan-based team at JD Gyms Head Office and to become an integral part of our continued growth in the fitness industry.
We’re looking for someone who knows their way round social media like the back of their hand, or the front in fact!
Here at JD Gyms we do much of our marketing though social media, predominantly using Facebook and Instagram. As well as sharing content and creating adverts, we go out of our way to constantly interact with our members, answer their queries and engage with their posts. This is where you’ll come in.
Over the last two years we have rapidly expanded, adding numerous new gyms around the UK. More gyms mean more members and we now need to expand our team to ensure we continue to offer the best possible service for our members.
As a Social Media Assistant you will be given full access to our social media pages and will support our Marketing Team by helping to provide cover during the evenings and weekends. You’ll be replying to our members’ comments and inbox messages, helping us maintain a quick response rate.
Training will be provided in terms of best practices, company policies, tone of voice and how to deal with complaints or tricky situations. What we’re looking for is someone with a natural ability to write well, work quickly and accurately, and most importantly to convey a sense of humour in their replies!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Systematically check all social media pages for new interactions and reply promptly to queries or feedback
- Ensure a resolution is reached for each individual seeking help, either directly or by putting them in touch with one of our teams
- Pass on feedback or complaints to the relevant party
- Help to share posts on our social media pages
- Assist with ad hoc marketing admin tasks
- Excellent written English skills – flawless spelling and grammar
- Detailed knowledge of how to use Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A sense of humour and the ability to convey this in written replies
- The ability to learn quickly and retain information
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously and be proactive when necessary
- A love of GIFs, memes and general internet silliness will help!
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]